If you manage a sales team, you know that an effective sales management strategy can make or break your company.
The best sales management software will help you optimize your team’s performance by giving you the data and insights you need to make informed decisions.
It will also help you automate tedious tasks (my favorite benefit) and free up your time so you can focus on more important things.
In this article, I will rank and review the 13 best sales management software tools on the market based on features, pricing, pros, and cons.
My name is Kate, and I’ve worked at Fortune 500 and multi-billion dollar companies in leadership positions for 15+ years.
I know what it takes to choose the right piece of software, and I’m confident that these software tools will help you take your team to the next level.
What Is The Best Sales Management Software?
Here is my ranked and reviewed list of the best sales management software in the market:
Best Sales Management Software
Salesforce is the world’s # sales management software and has been around for over two decades. It is a comprehensive CRM tool that offers sales automation, forecasting, territory management, and more.
Salesforce is a great sales management tool for businesses of all sizes. It offers a wide range of features, good integrations, and a robust platform.
- Einstein AI is Salesforce’s predictive analytics feature that analyzes sales data and provides recommendations. This feature is probably sales reps’ favorite because it is both a personal data scientist and AI-powered sales mentor. It automatically ranks the leads that are most likely to convert and close based on your previous deals.
- Lead Management captures leads from various sources, including websites, events, and emails. It then enriches the leads with data from social media platforms and other sales intelligence sources.
- Contact Management gives a comprehensive view of customers, how to engage with them, communication history, what they’re saying on social media, etc.
- Opportunity Management helps your sales team focus on what’s important by highlighting critical details of customers’ activities.
- Reports and Dashboards help you track the sales pipeline without having to reach out to IT.
- Sales Forecasting provides a full view of the entire sales pipeline and sales data that help sales leaders make decisions, set goals, and track top performers.
- Workflow and Approvals easy drag-and-drop interface to automate processes to save time or create workflows that guide sales reps through the sales process.
Salesforce Sales Cloud has a variety of pricing plans based on the number of users and features, starting at $25/month for the Essentials plan and going up to $300/month for the Unlimited plan which provides unlimited CRM power and 24/7 support.
Salesforce Sales Cloud is the most popular sales management software in the world. It helps sales teams streamline their end-to-end sales process. Here is a list of what I like the most:
- You can try it for free.
- Is available in a variety of pricing plans to suit any budget.
- Is easy to use, so reps can get up and running quickly.
- Offers excellent customer support.
- The Premier, Premier Plus, and Priority Support plans offer 24/7 support.
- Trailhead: Free Online Training.
- App Marketplace with more than 2,500 apps.
- Google Apps Integration (Gmail, Calendar, Sheets, and Slides).
- Automates repetitive tasks, so reps can focus on selling.
- It includes Einstein AI which provides turnkey intelligence and automation.
- Web Services API to connect external systems and data to Salesforce.
- Helps sales reps connect with prospects and customers through social media.
- Integrates with other business software, such as CRM and ERP systems.
- Offers a mobile app, so reps can access their data on the go.
- Comes with features like lead capture, workflow and approval automation, etc.
- Is highly customizable, so it can be tailored to meet the specific needs of any sales organization.
- Companies that don’t want cloud-based software won’t be able to use Salesforce since it doesn’t offer offline or on-premise functionality.
Stop waiting and try Salesforce for free.
Monday.com is a sales management software that sales reps love because it is both visual and easy to use. It offers sales teams a way to manage their sales process with drag-and-drop simplicity.
The software includes features like management of leads, deal management, account management, post-sales management, and sales operations.
- Lead Management: sales teams can use this sales management system to manage their leads and track their progress through the sales pipeline.
- Deal Management: sales managers can use Monday.com to track deals, measure performance, and identify areas for improvement.
- Client Management: sales teams can access customer data and manage their clients and contacts, and track their engagement with the company. Also, this feature can help you improve customer interactions.
- Post-Sales Management: manage post-sales activities and ensure a smooth transition for new customers.
- Onboarding Sales Operations: great feature to onboard new sales team members and train them on this sales management platform.
- Team Projects And Tasks: project management tool to manage projects and tasks, assign roles and responsibilities, and track team performance.
Monday.com offers a 14-day free trial, five plans, and four paid ones. You can select monthly or annual plans. If you go with annual plans, you’ll get a great discount. Here is the list of plans:
- Individual: $0 free forever and for up to 2 seats.
- Basic: $8 per seat per month.
- Standard: $10 per seat per month.
- Pro: $16 per seat per month.
- Enterprise: contact them to ask.
Monday.com sales management software is a powerful and very visually appealing tool. This is what I like the most:
- Sales teams can track sales pipeline progress and performance against goals.
- Sales managers can see an overview of all active projects and sales opportunities.
- Sales reps can keep track of customer information and correspondence.
- It integrates with popular tools including communication, CRM, productivity, and sales tools.
- It lacks a robust integration with JIRA.
- It can be a bit overwhelming at first because of the many features it has.
Pipedrive is one of the most popular sales management systems on the market, and it’s well known for being the first one designed by salespeople for salespeople.
It’s a sales-first CRM that sales reps love because it’s very effective.
- Manage leads and deals: with Pipedrive sales management software, sales reps can easily add new leads and deals, and track their progress through the sales pipeline.
- Track communications: sales reps can track all their communications with customers, so they never miss a follow-up.
- Automate: save time by doing sales process automation. Get started by following the steps I explain here.
- Reports: sales managers can generate reports and get insights into sales performance.
- Privacy: sales reps can keep their sales data private and only share it with authorized users.
- Mobile apps: sales reps can access their sales data on the go from their mobile phones.
Pipedrive plans start at $14.90 per month per user for the Essential plan and go up to $99 per month per user for the Enterprise plan. There is also a 14-day free trial available. And if you choose to be billed annually, you can get a great discount.
- It integrates with popular productivity tools such as Gmail and Google Calendar.
- Very good 24/7 customer support even with the most affordable plan.
- Customizable reports without the need for your IT department.
- Unlimited data storage and sales email inbox.
- Importing and exporting data is a breeze.
- Supports 19 languages.
- Live dashboards.
- The user interface can be a bit overwhelming at first.
- Best for small-to-medium-sized sales organizations.
What sets HubSpot apart from other sales CRMs is its focus on sales forecasting. HubSpot uses data from your past sales performance to predict your future sales pipeline.
This sales forecasting feature is unique to HubSpot Sales and can be a valuable tool for sales managers who want to optimize their team’s performance.
- Email Templates: save time and stay consistent with your sales communications.
- 1090+ custom integrations to easily connect your favorite tools to HubSpot.
- Email Tracking: know when your sales emails are opened and get alerted if a prospect doesn’t open them.
- Conversation Intelligence: sales reps can listen to sales calls and get a transcription and analysis of the call.
- HubSpot Sales Bot: a sales assistant that helps sales reps stay organized and automate sales tasks like qualifying leads, booking meetings, etc.
- Call Tracking: it helps reps prioritize their sales calls, record them, track them, and get insights into call performance.
- Document Management: sales teams can keep all their sales content organized in one place and discover which content is more effective.
- Sales Automation: easily automate sales tasks like lead nurturing, follow-ups, etc, while adding a personal touch.
- Sales Pipeline Management: Sales managers easily get complete visibility into individual and the entire sales team’s performance.
HubSpot sales CRM is free for unlimited users. If you want to use the sales automation features, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan:
- Starter: Starts at $45/month. It includes all the features in the free plan, shared inbox, free live customer support, conversational bots, conversation routing, deal pipelines, Stripe integration, simple sales automation, 1:1 tech support, Slack integration, etc.
- Professional: Starts at $450/month. It includes all the features in the free and Starter plans, custom reporting, phone support, ABM tools, sequences, organize customer accounts by teams, sales reps’ productivity performance, playbooks, automatic lead rotation, etc.
- Enterprise: Starts at $1,200/month. Everything in the Professional plan, predictive lead scoring, forecasting, detailed reports based on teams’ calls contents, recurrent revenue tracking, etc.
- The free plan includes a lot of features that other sales management software companies charge for.
- Professional-looking email templates that keep communications consistent.
- Access to 90+ pre-built reports that give your sales team data-rich insights.
- Sales Cycle and Sales Activity reports help track your team’s performance.
- The sales forecasting feature is unique and can be very helpful for sales managers.
- It integrates with HubSpot Marketing, so you can easily track your sales and marketing efforts in one place.
- It’s easy to create custom reports and dashboards.
- The interface is clean and easy to use.
- Very good customer support.
- Some features are only available on the paid plans.
Freshsales, formerly Freshworks CRM, is a sales management software that will help your sales team close more deals faster and increase pipeline visibility with a 360° view of your customers.
Unlike other sales management systems, Freshsales provides sales teams with a complete picture of their pipeline, contact management capabilities, and real-time insights.
Freshsales includes a mobile app so sales teams can manage their pipeline on the go.
- AI-powered Chatbots that automate sales tasks and improve customer engagement.
- Customizable Web Forms to capture visitors’ information.
- Predictive Contact Scoring saves you time by helping you focus on the right leads.
- Slack integration to help you collaborate with various teams.
- Web Visitors Analytics to help you understand your visitors’ actions and intent.
- Dynamic Forecasting to improve revenue predictability.
Freshsales offers a 21-day trial and three paid plans:
- Easy to use and set up.
- Use real-time insights to know which deals are most likely to close.
- Create audience segments based on activity, demographics, and location.
- Automatically add social media information and website activity to lead profiles.
- Regardless of the plan you select, Freshsales offers free support from day one.
- You no longer need to deal with the bother of integrating a third-party phone system with your CRM thanks to robust phone features.
- Helps you keep your customer relationships in check across various channels (Chat, Phone, SMS, Email).
- Freddy AI helps you anticipate revenue and make data-backed decisions on how to approach prospects.
- Pricing is based on per user/per month, and you can get a better price if you select an annual plan.
- The trial period is on the shorter side when compared to other sales management software.
Zendesk Sell is a modern sales management software that sales organizations can use to increase sales productivity and accelerate pipeline velocity.
With Zendesk Sell, sales reps have all the information they need about their customers in one place.
- Email integration: connect your preferred email service and tracking
- Sales Engagement: automatically follow up with prospects by building lists and creating email sequences.
- Triggers: automate your workflow to save time and focus on value-add tasks.
- Tasks: routine tasks are organized so that reps don’t have to waste time thinking about what to do next; they can work continuously on relevant sales.
- Zendesk Sell also has a mobile app so reps can access their sales information on the go.
Zendesk Sell plans start at $19/month, and they offer four plans:
- Prospecting, engagement, lead creation, and communication tools are all available in the same place.
- Exceptionally simple to use thanks to its conversational, intuitive UI that is designed around typical sales activities.
- Integration with popular tools including Gmail, Zapier, DocuSign, Slack, Outlook, Xero, etc
- It doesn’t have a forever-free plan like some of the other sales management software on this list.
Salesmate is a simple yet powerful sales management software that powers 4,000+ sales organizations across 70 countries.
It has a 5-star rating for both use and affordability.
- Lead Engagement: With targeted emails, messages, calls, and follow-ups that are automated and tailored, it helps you turn more prospects into customers.
- Sales Pipeline Tracking: Track sales process activities in real time to free up your team’s attention so they can concentrate on closing deals and exceeding quotas.
- Sales Automation: Save your team’s time by eliminating repetitive tasks.
- Sales Intelligence: Get a better understanding of your sales funnels and team’s performance and use these insights to offer sales coaching to your reps.
You can try Salesmate for free for 15 days and choose one of their four paid plans:
- It integrates with 700+ apps including Google Apps, Microsoft Apps, Zoom, Quickbooks, Zapier, Shopify, etc.
- Built-in collaboration tools including built-in calling and texting in 90+ countries, and sales and support inboxes.
- Personalized support via live chat, email, and phone.
- Onboarding help is included in all plans.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- ISO certified and GDPR compliant.
- Some users report not being able to send as many emails as they would like using the built-in tools.
- Unlike other sales management software on the market, it doesn’t offer a free plan.
- It may not be a good fit for large enterprises.
Zoho CRM is a sales CRM that helps sales teams sell smarter and faster. It has over 250,000 business customers worldwide.
- Sales Force Automation: Automate time-consuming mundane sales, marketing, and support tasks to free up more of your time to focus on your clients.
- Process Management: blueprints that help your team know exactly what to do at every stage of the sales pipeline.
- Analytics: if you do not measure it, you cannot improve it. Measure every activity and use analytics and forecasts to make decisions.
- Predictive Sales and Intelligence: Your CRM has tons of data, and it may be challenging to find it on your phone. Zia, the AI assistant can search the data you need in your CRM.
- Marketing Automation: helps your marketing and teams get on the same page, so you can get the best return on investment from every campaign.
It has a free account and four paid plans: Standard, Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate:
- Very simple to use for those who haven’t used sales management software before.
- Free 30-day trial and then you can keep the free account with limitations.
- Integrations with other applications that you already use such as Google Workspace, Slack, Microsoft 365, Shopify, MailChimp, WhatsApp, Zoom, Facebook Ads, etc.
- It supports 28 languages.
- GDPR and HIPPA compliant.
- Offers a developers platform, REST API, and Widget, Web and Mobile SDKs to create enterprise-ready solutions
- The Graphic User Interface can be improved to make it more appealing.
- Only cloud-based. On-premise isn’t an option.
Nutshell keeps it simple. It has all the essential features a sales team needs and none of the unnecessary ones.
It’s also flexible, so any type of sales force can use it including an inbound sales team, outbound sales team, or any others.
- Automation: Put your email campaign on autopilot, specify the steps and follow-ups that must take place from qualification through closing, and assess your results.
- Reporting: Customizable reports give you quick access to insights about your company, so you can assess performance and identify potential areas for improvement.
- Email: Reduces the amount of time reps spend sending emails by allowing them to select email templates and automate sequences.
- Pipeline Management: offers reps four options to view and manage their sales pipeline.
- Marketing: create and track your marketing campaigns and send marketing emails to several contacts at once.
Two plans are offered: Nutshell, and Nutshell Pro:
- 14-day free trial.
- Webform performance tracking.
- Sales reports that show how teams and reps are doing against sales goals.
- Unlimited contact records and data.
- Activity reminders, so reps never forget to follow up with a lead.
- Technical support via email, phone, and live chat is available for all plans.
- Compatible with iPhone and Android
- Designed for small businesses, so if you’re a large enterprise this might not be the software for you.
- Only the Nutshell Pro plan offers unlimited pipelines.
Nimble is the Top-Rated sales management software for small businesses.
Combining your contacts, calendars, messages, apps, and more takes just a few minutes with Nimble.
- Nimble Prospector: access the data you need from wherever you work: email inbox, social media, or any web browser app.
- Pipeline Management: Track every stage of the sales cycle.
- Relationship Management: Consolidate all your contact from various sources into a single relationship manager.
- Live Profiles: 360-degree view of prospects and leads and your interactions with them.
- Segmentation And Emails: Assign your contacts to lists, save time sending group emails, and track them to identify opportunities.
It offers a 14-day free trial and one paid plan:
- 14-day free trial.
- It’s a relationship-focused CRM.
- Unlimited email templates.
- intuitive dashboard that organizes routine tasks and sales activities.
- Sales managers can use the unified calendar to see their entire’s team’s calendar, so they don’t miss any meetings.
- Integrates with social networks.
- Easy to set up because it builds itself for you.
- Group messages are limited to 100/User/Day.
- Storage is limited to 2GB/User.
Copper Sales Management Software is unique in its ability to provide a complete solution for teams of all sizes.
With Copper, teams can manage their sales pipeline, track customer interactions, and measure performance against goals.
Also, Copper provides a mobile app so reps can access their data on the go. And because Copper integrates with popular CRM and accounting software programs, it’s easy to get started.
- Contact Management: Copper is directly linked to Google Workspace, your prospects, and customers are immediately synced throughout all of your products thanks to the CRM solution.
- Lead Generation: Right from Gmail, acquire, nurture, and convert more leads into customers.
- Lead Tracking: With the correct lead tracking management software, you can focus on getting more sales by automating your spending less time tracking, managing, and organizing your sales prospects.
- Project Management: deliver projects on time and collaborate with stakeholders effectively.
- Pipeline Reporting: a comprehensive view of the sales funnel to quickly see if it’s growing or shrinking.
- Sales Funnel Management: Quickly assess if you’ll meet your sales quota.
14-day free trial, and three paid plans. You’ll get a discount if you get an annual plan:
- 14-day free trial.
- Google Workspace Integrations.
- Partnership with Zapier that allows you to connect Copper to 4,000+ apps to save you time (Professional and Business plans).
- Free live customer support is included in all plans.
- Unlimited users in all plans.
- No report template library with the Basic plan.
- Personal onboarding is only available for eligible Business tier accounts.
Keap, formerly InfusionSoft, is a great sales CRM for entrepreneurs. It combines CRM software with powerful sales and marketing automation and e-commerce to help small and medium businesses get and keep more customers.
- CRM and Lead Capture: collect leads from multiple sources using landing page templates, and track sales opportunities and customer information in one place.
- Automation: according to a customer survey from 2020, customers who used Keap to automate sales processes were able to save 10 hours a week.
- Email and Text Marketing: send emails and SMS to segmented lists in your CRM while utilizing Keap’s tailored templates.
- Business Line: You may access business calls and texts on your smartphone while keeping your personal chats private.
Keap offers a 14-day free, and three paid plans: Pro, Max, and Max Classic:
- 14-day free trial.
- Fast Chat support at your fingertips.
- Simple onboarding process.
- Integrates with over 4,000 apps using Keap’s Zapier integration.
- Allows reps to anticipate customers’ needs and automate processes to meet them at the right time.
- Tags are used to categorize people rather than adding the client to numerous lists.
- Not the best option for eCommerce if your company sells physical products.
- Email templates aren’t very customizable.
LeadSquared is a sales management software for both large businesses and start-ups.
- Sales Lead Management: a comprehensive and smart solution that automates processes and tasks including assigning tasks to reps, qualifying leads, moving leads down the sales funnel, etc.
- Mobile CRM: Track end-to-end sales operations including remotely tracking meetings, results, and goals.
- Team Management: helps sales managers manage sales territories and reps’ tasks, and guides reps on their best next step to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Escalations Management: notifies sales managers of any significant sales actions or a salesperson’s inaction.
- Dashboards: sales performance dashboards for sales managers to identify issues and take necessary actions by using sales closure reports, pipeline reports, customer interaction tracking, calling reports, etc.
Leadsquared offers four paid plans: Lite, Pro, Super, and Ultimate.
- You can use a drag-and-drop builder to design your sales process. No coding is needed.
- The sales force automation feature ensures that no sales opportunities are missed.
- Lead scoring report that shows how your leads interact with your website and emails.
- The support team is flexible and eager to update as per customers’ needs.
- It can be slow at times if you don’t have a high-speed internet connection.
What Is Sales Management Software?
Sales Management Software is a type of software that helps sales managers plan, execute, and track sales goals and quotas.
This software is designed to help teams increase efficiency and close more deals.
What Is The Best Software For Sales?
Salesforce Sales Cloud is the world’s number one sales management software, and for good reason.
Over 150,000 companies trust Salesforce to power their sales efforts, and it’s easy to see why.
Sales Cloud provides everything you need to manage your sales pipeline, from first contact to close.
It’s easy to use and customizable, so you can tailor it to fit your process. And with its powerful reporting and analytics features, you can always keep track of your sales performance.
If you’re looking for sales software that will help you close more deals, then Salesforce Sales Cloud is the answer.
What Software Do Sales Reps Use?
The software that sales reps use depends on their company and the process that they follow. However, implementing sales management software is key to tracking sales the end-to-end process, teams’ and individuals’ key metrics, and automating processes to save time. Some sales management software that is popular among sales reps includes Salesforce Sales Cloud, Monday.com, and Pipedrive.
What Is Sales Management Example?
A sales management example would be a company that uses a top-down approach to managing its sales team.
In this type of company, the sales manager would be responsible for setting targets and quotas for the team, as well as motivating and coaching them to meet these goals.
The sales manager would also be responsible for tracking progress and performance and providing feedback to the team.
This type of management style is typically used in companies where sales are the main driver of revenue.
How Can A Sales Organization Improve Its Sales Process?
In order to improve sales processes, a sales organization should look into using sales management software.
This software can help in keeping track of sales metrics, performance data, and activity logs. Additionally, it can help identify bottlenecks and issues in the sales process.
By using sales management software, a sales organization can optimize its sales process and improve overall performance.
Additionally, the software can help to automate repetitive tasks, freeing up time for more strategic work.
Ultimately, sales management software can be a valuable tool for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of a sales organization.